strata mini | Flickr – Photo Sharing!
Some of the cutest pieces for around the home can be made from some not-so usually pretty accessories. Check out this adorable driftwood candle holder and era further if you want to learn how to create this fabulous piece!
First things first. Make sure you have the following materials before starting:
- A tea candle that sits at the bottom of a taller glass holder
- mid height/tall glass candle holder
- cleaned or bought in bulk, craft driftwood
- epoxy glue (for multi purposes)
Depending on the size of your glass container for your candle, you will need to plan accordingly to how much driftwood you will need. Using pieces that are no larger than 1 inch thick, are recommended.
- First you want to cut or saw off the bottom ends of each section of driftwood and then evenly line them up around the container
- Then when you have them placed where you want, you want to take your epoxy, multi-purpose glue and start gluing them into place until you have finished all the way around.
- If you want to add a dash more of rustic design, you can take twine or thin rope and tie it around to create that look.
- Let the glue dry be before lighting your candle and make sure the candle isn’t too tall as you do not want the driftwood to catch on fire.
This is a very simple project that doesn’t take much time and is quite addicting as the directions are a bit repetitive. Have fun and use your mind the explore the world of rustic crafts! You can also purchase throw online Amazon Here .
If you’re a fan of home DIY networks and have seen a potentially beautiful piece of furniture lying around, well now is the chance to learn and reupholster it!
- First, you want to take a suitable screwdriver and unscrew the seta from the bottom half of the chair.
- Then you want to start taking off the currently existing fabric on the chair (or you can upholster over this). But when removing existing ones, you want to take pliers and pull off the staples.
- Now you want to take a measuring tool and measure the depth, sides length and width of the seat. When something is padded or curved, you want to make sure you take the absolute widest width. Then when doing this you want to multiply the depth by 3 and add it ot the width and the length to get the appropriate fabric size.
- Now you need to make the decision of what type of fabric you will be purchasing! As long as it fits within the fabric size requirements, you can use it. Be creative!
- Now take your fabric to your cushion and place the wrong side up on a flat surface. Then you want to put your cushion or seat on it and line up the fabric to cut.
- Leave extra length on the fabric so you can cover the sides, as well. Not just the top. Now you want to trim.
- Now you want to take your material and start stapling it accordingly to the underside of the cushion/seat. Make sure that it is stapled tight so there aren’t any lose pieces when finished.
- Now repeat this to all sides of the seat.
- When it comes to the corners, you want to pleat them and then cut the excess fabric.
- When done, you then want to take a spray stain protectant and spray all over the chair.
- Then place your seat back into the framework accordingly.
Viola! Reupholstering a chair is just as easy as it sounds. Have fun and create beautiful and quirky pieces!
Moss Stitch How to do, Single crochet, lots of texture and not much colour – Suz Crochet Groove. Hate the color but love the stitch
Piece N Quilt: Star Quilt Block of the Month Quilt Along
Daily DIY Pet Pattern – Crochet Pattern For A Doggie Tote Bag
When something is personally made with love, it’s significance means so much more. This is especially true on Valentines day. Read further to learn how you can make a lovely Valentines Day card for your special one this coming holiday.
You can either to choose to create one on the many websites the internet has to offer, or you can create a piece using materials from the crafts store. What you’ll need to make a gorgeous card:
- heart stencil
- spray paint
- clear glue stick
- First, you want to create a card shape out of the cardboard. Fold this in half the ‘cheeseburger’ way, like in middle school. Make sure you use something like a ruler to make and extremely straight line when folding so it does not crease.
- Next, you want to start decorating the outside. You want to start with spray painting the heart stencil on the front so it can dry and you won’t spray paint anything else you’re putting on it. Put the stencil a bit off sideways in the center or where you see fit and spray far away so it splatters but does not soak the paper.
- Then when that dries, you want to take a string of twine long enough to create a bow with extra long ‘legs’. When you have the bow perfectly knotted, you then want to take the legs and make them straight, so it looks like the bow is wrapped around the card when it’s just on the front.Take your glue stick and glue this down, leaving the bow floppy but the string glued to the front.
- Then you can add some stickers all around. But mostly importantly, you want to write your loving message on the inside.
- Take these ideas to create other types of cards for your loved ones!
Also you can check out Amazon Online Martha Stewart Crafts Mailbox Valentine Card Kit.